MEMO - Announcements
Retirement: Crew Leader Ruth Vetter, began her employment in January of 1980 with what was then the Dane County Exposition Center. After 35 plus years of service, Ruth retired on May 31. Ruth has a renowned history and reputation within AEC. She has been described as "a superstar, one of our smartest, extremely intelligent employees". From freight to trash, setup to grounds and HVAC, Ruth's plethora of knowledge seemed to have no end. Albeit, her time with us has come to an end. We and our clients are grateful for her service and wish her the absolute best for a long, exciting retirement as she enters this next phase in her journey.
DRESS CODE: Employees are expected to adhere to work rules and dress code policy. Willful violators will see their actions resulted in future schedules and as always may be sent home if not in uniform. The most common violations to be noted are:
1) Pants: Sweatpants or non-form fitting i.e., saggy-droopy pants are not allowed. Whatever you are wearing underneath your uniform pants, should not be seen. A belt may be required for function (not fashion) to actually hold the pants to your body at the hips/waist.
2) Covering STAFF uniform shirt by wearing hoodies, coats or sweatshirts over the t-shirt is not acceptable. There is a reason we went with BOLD lettering on the shirts, so Staff is recognized at a distance as here to work and assist. If a larger t-shirt is needed for layering OVER other clothing for warmth, please ask.
3) Hats: Winter knit/stocking caps can be purchased anywhere for literally a few dollars. All hats including baseball caps, must be solid black or blue in color or be an AEC or New Holland issued hat.
TIME CLOCK: Step by step instructions to clock & code are posted right at the time clock. SLOW DOWN, TAKE 30 SECONDS TO ENSURE YOUR TIME IS ACCOUNTED FOR SO YOU ARE PAID IN FULL. Remember this is your pay check on the line. Pay close attention to all punches including lunch punches as missing a punch here could easily negate the last half of your shift.
1) Clock in and scan the appropriate distribution code at the start of your shift and any time your Center/Lead Worker tells you to code to a different event.
2) Employees are expected to clock out and IN for lunch. If you do not clock back in, or fail to clock out at all, a minimum of one hour will be deducted.
BREAK ROOM/BREAKS: Breaks are not to be taken in public spaces including Lobby Benches or unused office spaces. Break rooms are shared space with multiple shifts and departments; they are not your personal living area. Respect your area and the space for others, PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF AND THROW ITEMS AWAY PROPERLY!!
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT NEWS